CANARSIE STRONG’s Mission
Our Mission as Canarsie Strong is to help rebuild a resilient and economically vibrant Canarsie community in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, and beyond; by building and strengthening block and resident associations. We will accomplish this through informing, educating, empowering and providing opportunities for residents and business owners to establish a unified voice to assess, plan, create and implement sustainable solutions to address the unmet needs, issues and concerns of our community.
- Identify unmet needs and issues that concern residents
- Provide a forum to address common concerns
- Generate ideas that will contribute to the ongoing revitalization and of Canarsie
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices and fresh food
- Sponsor community events and economic, social and activities